American Airlines allows passengers to travel with children under two years of age. To make a flight reservation for an infant, you must read American Airlines lap infant policy or talk to a customer service executive, who will assist you with the reservation. For online reservations, you have to choose to book a flight for an infant.
American Airlines Infant policy
- Infants under seven days old must provide a valid medical certificate before boarding the flight.
- Children who are over two years old have their own seats.
- Passengers traveling with an Infant can ask the airline to check in early for their flight.
- Only one diaper bag is allowed for carry-on.
Are infants free on American Airlines?
American Airlines does not charge any amount for infants under two years of age as they can travel on their parent's lap. However, they must provide the airline with the medical certificate while booking the ticket. Children who are over two years must have their own personal seats.
American Airlines stroller policy
- The weight of the stroller at the time of check-in must not exceed 9 kg / 20 lbs.
- The stroller will be checked at the check-in before boarding.
- One stroller and one car seat are allowed per passenger without any charges.
- The passenger can either take a stroller or a car seat from the boarding gate.
Do I have to carry a birth certificate for my child to fly on American Airlines?
Children traveling with American Airlines under 18 years must be required to provide valid age proof like a birth certificate or any other document.
What are the requirements for flying with an infant in AA?
You need to fulfill certain requirements for American Airlines flying with an infant; in these requirements, airlines mention the necessary documents you need to carry. Below are mentioned the requirements for flying with an infant:
- Provide the birth certificate of the infant.
- The infant or children must be accompanied by an adult more than 16 years old.
- If the infant turns three on the flight date, they must buy their own seat.
Can I take a stroller on an American Airlines plane?
Yes, American Airlines allows one stroller per passenger without any charges. However, if you also have a car seat, then you can only select between one of them at the boarding gate.
How strict is American Airlines with strollers?
American Airlines is very strict with its stroller policy, and you might have to pay some extra charges if the stroller exceeds its weight limit.
Disclaimer: Faresleague is an independent online travel agency/booking portal without third-party involvement. Our main goal is to offer high-rated and effortless traveling services to travelers searching for it. We never claim that we own any services i.e., airlines, hotels, car rentals, etc. All the logos, brand names, and links displayed on our website are only for promotion or information purposes and relate to their respective owners.