Flying with pets on United Airlines could make a journey delightful, but certain statutory provisions need to be accompanied. Furthermore, you can have the information about the same from the United Airlines pet policies, and then those details are elaborated at the bottom:-
- When a space is available in the cabin, then you would be able to fly with pets such as cats or dogs.
- The pets should be kept in a harder-sided carrier with a dimension of 19x44x30 cm or a soft-sided carrier that has a size of 27x27x45 cm.
- You get to share your and your pets' confirmation number at the time of check-in. There you may receive a special bag tag for a carrier.
- When you are traveling with the pets then, you can also bring a pet-friendly kit such as a water bowl, leash, treat, and plastic bags.
- When the flight is boarded then, the pet has to be inside the closed carrier and has to be placed under the seat.
- Traveling with pets also depends on operating routes. A few stated need a vaccination certificate, and a few don't even permit to travel with the same.
How to add a pet to united flight
When you are entitled to travel with the pets, then you can add that to your reservation. However, the united add pet to reservation could be performed while making a reservation. While booking, you get to choose the option ”traveling with pets.” Otherwise, you can add it after the booking too from the “my trip” options. Afterward, you get to pay the fees for pets and confirm the booking.
Does United Airlines allow pets?
Yes, United Airlines allow pets. But they are permitted to travel with the airlines under certain rules and regulations. However, making a trip with a pet is also dependent on your flying destination. So, you get to inspect those requirements prior to planning a trip by speaking with the airline's customer service.
How much does United charge for pets?
When you have to bring a pet over on a United Airlines flight, then you get to pay an additional sum for the same. But you could not be able to use any sort of fees to make a payment. And the details about the United pet fee have been defined at the bottom:-
- The cost of each way traveling with pets is $125.
- The cost for a layover flight that has a gap of more than four hours, then fees could be $125 each way.
How strict is United with Pet Carriers?
On United Airlines, you could be able to take a pet on the flight, but airlines have some strict rules for the same. However, one of the harsh provisions laid by the airlines is related to boarding. When you get into a flight, then, you have to keep a pet in the prescribed carrier and under the seat. The pet is allowed to move inside that cabin only, and once the case is locked, then, it should not be opened
Disclaimer: Faresleague is an independent online travel agency/booking portal without third-party involvement. Our main goal is to offer high-rated and effortless traveling services to travelers searching for it. We never claim that we own any services i.e., airlines, hotels, car rentals, etc. All the logos, brand names, and links displayed on our website are only for promotion or information purposes and relate to their respective owners.