If you have made a flight reservations on Avianca Airlines for an international event and after making a flight booking, you receive information about the cancellation of an event which requires you to cancel your booking; then you are eligible for the cancellation following the Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy. If you obey the policies, you are also liable to claim a refund for the cancellation. If you wish to know the detailed process and you are wondering what the type of reimbursements are, then you can go through the relevant details provided in the following section
Different types of Reimbursements:
- Refunds for withdrawals: If any passenger purchases a flight ticket online from the official website of the airline or they purchase it from the travel agency, then you can claim refunds for withdrawal. You are permitted to request a refund at least 24 hours before flight departure, and the request must be made by the ticket holder only.
- Retraction refunds: If you have not used the above-mentioned alternatives for flight purchase and you chose any other medium, then you can claim a refund if you have not used the ticket. Apart from administrative fees or any other non-refundable amount, your charges will be refunded within 30 business days if you request to get back our money within 5 business days of flight ticket purchase.
What is the Procedure for Requesting a Refund?
No matter which approach you choose to request a refund, you must follow the online steps described below to fill out the refund request form:
- Visit the official website of Avianca Airlines.
- Tap on My-Avianca to login into your existing account.
- Now you must select the option of “My trips” from the main menu bar.
- Enter the booking code and passenger name to find your reservation ticket.
- Once you get the information, you must press on the refund form link.
- As the form generates, you must fill in all the mandatory information and press the submit button after attaching relevant documents.
- You must also specify your reason for claiming a refund in the message box.
What are the Avianca Airlines reimbursement policies?
In order to claim a refund from Avianca Airlines, customers must obey the important refund policies of the airlines. Some of the important highlights that must be considered by the customers are mentioned below:
- If the cancellation and refund request is made on the same day of the flight booking, then according to Avianca cancellation 24-hour policy, customers are eligible to cancel without paying the cancellation fee, and they will get a full refund for the cancellations.
- For the refund request made after 24 hours, customers are not eligible to get a full refund.
- If the reason for your flight cancellation and refund request is any medical condition, then you must attach the medical certificates to get a full refund.
Conclusion: By referring to the information provided above, you must get knowledge about the available types of reimbursement of Avianca Airlines. Many times customers also search, “Do airlines have to refund if you cancel within 24 hours?” The answer is yes; Avianca provides a full refund under this period. If you made a flight booking via a third party, you could contact travel agencies to get a refund.
Disclaimer: Faresleague is an independent online travel agency/booking portal without third-party involvement. Our main goal is to offer high-rated and effortless traveling services to travelers searching for it. We never claim that we own any services i.e., airlines, hotels, car rentals, etc. All the logos, brand names, and links displayed on our website are only for promotion or information purposes and relate to their respective owners.